Summer Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1. Spread cream cheese over four slices of bread; layer with cucumber and sprouts. Combine oil and vinegar; drizzle over sprouts. Layer with tomato, lettuce and pepperoncini. Spread avocado over remaining bread; place over top. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 356 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Summer Veggie Sandwiches
"This was good! I'll cut back a bit on pepperoncini, but that's just a personal taste thing. We did have the bottom half of our sandwich get soggy, not sure what happened. Overall liked this and will make again. I think bacon would be a great addition, but since we have a vegetarian dinner once a week, I don't want to know what I am missing. :)"
"Outstanding - really tasty!"
"I made this sandwich twice already and it's delicious. Fresh, light and consistent at the same time. The avocado is really creamy and goes perfectly with the cream cheese. LOVE IT!"