Summer Veggie Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- Spread cream cheese over four slices of bread; layer with cucumber and sprouts. Combine oil and vinegar; drizzle over sprouts. Layer with tomato, lettuce and pepperoncini. Spread avocado over remaining bread; place over top. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Summer Veggie Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
This was good! I'll cut back a bit on pepperoncini, but that's just a personal taste thing. We did have the bottom half of our sandwich get soggy, not sure what happened. Overall liked this and will make again. I think bacon would be a great addition, but since we have a vegetarian dinner once a week, I don't want to know what I am missing. :)
Outstanding - really tasty!
I made this sandwich twice already and it's delicious. Fresh, light and consistent at the same time. The avocado is really creamy and goes perfectly with the cream cheese. LOVE IT!