Summer Veggie Salad
I can toss this salad together really fast and just refrigerate until I will serve it.Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
12-14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onion
- and mushrooms if desired. in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine
- dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss to
- coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving equals 53 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.