Summer Vegetable Saute
Fresh vegetables need little more than sauting in oil and tossing with basil to enhance their flavor. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red, orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 6-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Add crumbs and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.