Summer Vegetable Saute Recipe
Fresh vegetables need little more than sauting in oil and tossing with basil to enhance their flavor. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red, orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1. In a skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add crumbs and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 cups.
3/4 cup: 93 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Summer Vegetable Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC