Fresh vegetables need little more than sauting in oil and tossing with basil to enhance their flavor. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red, orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add crumbs and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Summer Vegetable Saute in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p7
Reviews for Summer Vegetable Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review