Summer Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar if desired. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Vegetable Salad
"Light, great summer side. Easy to put together."