Summer Vegetable Medley Recipe
This swift side dish is as beautiful as it is delicious. Red and yellow peppers, zucchini, corn and mushrooms are seasoned with garden-fresh herbs. Grilled in a foil pan, it's no-fuss cooking. —Maria Regakis Somerville, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons each minced fresh parsley, basil and chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 large fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil, chives, salt and pepper. Add the vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Place vegetables in a disposable foil pan. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes; stir. Grill 5 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 148 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC