Summer Vegetable Cobbler Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, red pepper and onion; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, milk, salt and pepper; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and basil. Add milk; stir just until moistened. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over filling. Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Summer Vegetable Cobbler(7)
Sort By :
I thought this was a yummy and easy-fast dish using a lot of ingredients already on hand. I made it a side dish.
Very easy to make, very tasty & freezes well.
Had a lot of flavor. Great way to use zucchini up!
This recipe has a lot of flavor! The topping really brings it all together! I love being able to use up all my zucchini out of the garden! Thank you for finding another unique way to utilize squash! The only changes I made were I used canola oil and skim milk to make it more heart healthy, plus a little tarragon for additional flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >