Summer Turkey Salads Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8.8 ounces turkey breast cutlets, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Combine flour and salt in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a separate shallow bowl. Combine walnuts and rosemary in another shallow bowl. Coat turkey in flour mixture, then dip in egg and coat with walnut mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Divide salad greens among four serving plates; top with tomatoes, blueberries, oranges, onions and turkey strips.
- 4. In a blender, combine the vinegar, blueberries, honey and mustard. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 445 calories, 30 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.