Summer Tea Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 slices soft multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into 12 thin slices
- 1. Combine the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool to room temperature; thinly slice.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, dill, lemon juice and remaining salt; spread over 12 bread slices. Top with cucumber, chicken, cantaloupe and remaining bread. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
2 sandwich halves equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Tea Sandwiches
"What a wonderful, refreshing, delicate, yummy sandwich! Instead of making little tea sandwiches, I made a whole sandwich for dinner last night (with the crust on). Today I had one for lunch, and it tasted even better letting the flavors in the spread meld overnight. I will definitely be making this one often!"