Summer Tea Sandwiches
Our home economist prepared these dainty finger sandwiches that are perfect for casual picnics or ladies' luncheons. Tarragon-seasoned chicken complements cucumber and cantaloupe slices.
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 24 slices soft multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium cantaloupe, cut into 12 thin slices
- Combine the tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; rub over chicken.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 170°. Cool to room temperature; thinly slice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, dill, lemon juice and
- remaining salt; spread over 12 bread slices. Top with cucumber,
- chicken, cantaloupe and remaining bread. Cut sandwiches in half
- diagonally. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 sandwich halves equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium,