Summer Sub Sandwich Recipe
Being originally from the Northeast, we love submarine sandwiches. So I came up with this hearty ham-and-cheese combination that's good either hot or cold. —Jennifer Beck, Concord, Ohio
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 banana peppers, thinly sliced
- 1. Split bread lengthwise; spread bread bottom with cream cheese and layer with ham, provolone cheese and mushrooms. Replace top. Cut sandwich crosswise in half.
- 2. On a microwave-safe plate, microwave each half, covered, on high for 15-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Remove bread tops and layer with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Close sandwiches; cut each in half. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 638 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1756mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Summer Sub Sandwich
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC