"Being originally from the Northeast, we love submarine sandwiches," shares Jennifer of Concord, Ohio. "So I came up with this hearty ham-and-cheese combination that's good either hot or cold."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 banana peppers, thinly sliced
- Split bread lengthwise; spread bread bottom with cream cheese and layer with ham, provolone cheese and mushrooms. Replace top. Cut sandwich crosswise in half.
- On a microwave-safe plate, microwave each half, covered, on high for 15-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Remove bread tops and layer with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Close sandwiches; cut each in half. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Sub Sandwich in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews for Summer Sub Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review