Summer Sub Sandwich Recipe
"Being originally from the Northeast, we love submarine sandwiches," shares Jennifer of Concord, Ohio. "So I came up with this hearty ham-and-cheese combination that's good either hot or cold."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 banana peppers, thinly sliced
- Cut the loaf of bread in half horizontally. Spread bottom half with cream cheese; layer with the ham, provolone and mushrooms. Replace top.
- Cut loaf in half. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until cheese is melted. Remove top; add the lettuce, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Replace top. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Summer Sub Sandwich in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p52
Reviews for Summer Sub Sandwich(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review