These meaty skewers not only satisfy my love of outdoor cooking, but feature a mouthwatering marinade.—Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread steak, mushrooms, onions, peppers and squash. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Steak Kabobs in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p6
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Summer Steak Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review