- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread steak, mushrooms, onions, peppers and squash. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Summer Steak Kabobs
Sort By :
This is the marinade we use for our grilled steaks. I do use fresh minced garlic & ginger, (2 cloves of garlic, and about a tablespoon of peeled gingerroot). The flavor is great, and the honey glazes the meat nicely.
I use this marinade for my grilled steaks and love it! It's the only way I'll eat steak now.
It was tasty.