- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread steak, mushrooms, onions, peppers and squash. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Summer Steak Kabobs
Sort By :
"I have been using this marinade recipe for at least ten years -- it's great! Haven't found any we like better."
"This is the marinade we use for our grilled steaks. I do use fresh minced garlic & ginger, (2 cloves of garlic, and about a tablespoon of peeled gingerroot). The flavor is great, and the honey glazes the meat nicely."
"I use this marinade for my grilled steaks and love it! It's the only way I'll eat steak now."
"It was tasty."