Summer Squash Stir-Fry Recipe
"With an abundance of squash, green peppers, tomatoes and onion from our garden, this fresh-tasting recipe is both easy and economical to prepare," writes Doris Stein from Ojai, California. For a more substantial side dish, add cubed cooked ham and sprinkle with cheese.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut int 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a skillet, saute the zucchini, green pepper and onion in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the tomato and ham if desired; heat through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. remove from the heat. Top with cheese if desired; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC