Summer Squash Soup Recipe
"With its delicate taste, the creamy concoction makes an easy but elegant first course for a company dinner," Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana notes.
- 5 small yellow summer squash, seeded and cubed
- 2 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute squash and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender; return all to the pan. Stir in cream and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 278 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC