Summer Squash Slaw Recipe
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine squash, zucchini, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over squash mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with cider vinegar and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 52 calories, 140 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.