In her Minneapolis, Minnesota kitchen, Mary Ann Kosmas creates this quick and colorful medley of fresh zucchini, summer squash and red pepper. "It's a flavorful way to use up my garden bounty," she notes, "and the dill adds wonderful herb flavor."
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine squash, zucchini, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over squash mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Summer Squash Slaw in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p48
Reviews for Summer Squash Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review