Summer Squash Side Dish Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, combine the squash, water, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Stir in the egg, bread crumbs, butter and pepper. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Summer Squash Side Dish Casserole
Sort By :
"I was looking for something to do with summer squash other than saute it and this was a great alternative. I'd probably add some more salt, subtract some of the butter, and maybe add some Parmesan cheese next time, but there will definitely be a next time. Yum!"
"Delicious! I am so glad I doubled this recipe. I think this has already become one of my favorite ways to serve squash. I will definitely make this again. Thank you for sharing!"
"served this for guests last night and we all LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I doubled this but it would be very easy to triple or more- a sure recipe to make again!!"
"My family and I really enjoyed this recipe, it was very yummy! I added another egg to it and used onion flakes and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing!"
"My husband and I really enjoy summer squash prepared this way. It's now become the only recipe I use for summer squash. We add a more cheese than recipe calls for. Definitely comfort food at its best!!!"