Summer Squash Saute for Two
“What a yummy and fast way to fix summer squash. You can also grill it.” Christie Wethington - Lexington, Kentucky
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute the squash, onion and garlic in oil and
- butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.