Summer Squash Saute
“What a yummy and fast way to fix summer squash. You can also grill it.” Christie Wethington - Lexington, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the squash, onion and garlic in oil and
- butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 59 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.