Summer Squash Saute
YELLOW SQUASH with colorful bell peppers makes an attractive and delicious combination that goes well with many entrees.
I enjoy experimenting with new recipes, and fortunately, my husband likes new dishes appearing on the table.
-Maxine Lynch, Boise City, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Stir in onion, peppers and
- garlic; cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add
- squash; cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until
- tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with turkey bacon) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.