Summer Squash Salad Recipe
This is a colorful and tasty alternative to coleslaw. Like most gardeners, we usually have an abundance of squash and zucchini in summer, so this dish is inexpensive to prepare and a great way to put this fresh produce to use. -Diane Hixon, Niceville, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 4 cups julienned zucchini
- 4 cups julienned yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced radishes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC