Summer Squash Provencal
To use up the last of your garden's tomatoes and zucchini, try this savory and speedy side dish from Bobbie Jo Yokley of Franklin, Kentucky.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in
- the zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are
- almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.