Summer Squash Provencal Recipe
To use up the last of your garden's tomatoes and zucchini, try this savory and speedy side dish from Bobbie Jo Yokley of Franklin, Kentucky.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC