Summer Squash Provencal Recipe
To use up the last of your garden's tomatoes and zucchini, try this savory and speedy side dish from Bobbie Jo Yokley of Franklin, Kentucky.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in the zucchini, yellow squash, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 120 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Summer Squash Provencal
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC