Summer Squash Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green or sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms; saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Summer Squash Pasta Primavera
Sort By :
My daughter used whole grain penne pasta and Hunts diced tomatoes instead of stewed... it was really good! She served sauteed shrimp on the side... with a little salt/garlic powder/pepper seasoning ~ the shrimp would have been really good mixed in to make a one dish meal. Yum. Easy.
I can understand how this would make a good main dish, but I always make it as a side dish.
I think, in place of stewed tomatoes, you could use roasted red peppers, chopped and drained.
Is there an alternative to using stewed tomatoes when preparing this casserole? I would like your suggestions.