Summer Squash Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green or sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms; saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 296 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Summer Squash Pasta Primavera
"This is great in summer when garden is giving us zucchini - but in winter these are more expensive to buy and maybe not available? I would use fresh tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in place of can tomatoes, how about some sliced carrot and broccoli -- but may have to make more sauce?"
"My daughter used whole grain penne pasta and Hunts diced tomatoes instead of stewed... it was really good! She served sauteed shrimp on the side... with a little salt/garlic powder/pepper seasoning ~ the shrimp would have been really good mixed in to make a one dish meal. Yum. Easy."
"I can understand how this would make a good main dish, but I always make it as a side dish."
"I think, in place of stewed tomatoes, you could use roasted red peppers, chopped and drained.brkmom"
"Is there an alternative to using stewed tomatoes when preparing this casserole? I would like your suggestions."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.