Summer Squash Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green or sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms; saute for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss with pasta; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 296 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash Pasta Primavera
"This is great in summer when garden is giving us zucchini - but in winter these are more expensive to buy and maybe not available? I would use fresh tomatoes or cherry tomatoes in place of can tomatoes, how about some sliced carrot and broccoli -- but may have to make more sauce?"
"I can understand how this would make a good main dish, but I always make it as a side dish."
"I think, in place of stewed tomatoes, you could use roasted red peppers, chopped and drained.brkmom"
"Is there an alternative to using stewed tomatoes when preparing this casserole? I would like your suggestions."