This rich, creamy side with its crunchy topping would make a wonderful dish to take to summer potlucks and picnics, or to pair up with a wide variety of entrees. You'll love the buttery flavor of these "comfort veggies!" —Jennifer Wallace, Canal Winchester, Ohio
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Summer Squash Casserole in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p37
Reviews for Summer Squash Mushroom Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review