Summer Squash Mushroom Casserole Recipe
This rich, creamy side with its crunchy topping would make a wonderful dish to take to summer potlucks and picnics, or to pair up with a wide variety of entrees. You'll love the buttery flavor of these "comfort veggies!" —Jennifer Wallace, Canal Winchester, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, cheese, soup, sour cream and salt. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup equals 234 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC