Summer Squash Medley
“You can enjoy this dish while the squash is still warm, but it also tastes great cold,” says Rani Long of Cold Spring, New York. You'll love how it captures the fresh flavors and bright colors of summer.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add the
- squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard,
- sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer
- to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash
- mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.