Summer Squash Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups pattypan squash, halved
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the chicken, squash, onion, pimientos, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and cooked rice.
- 2. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is set. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 297 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
Reviews for Summer Squash Chicken Casserole
"Just made this for dinner. Adjusted it a little by adding a zucchini, substituting 1/2 chopped pepper for the pimento, and mozarella for the parmesan cheese. My family loved it---even my husband who doesn't like vegetables! It made a huge casserole, and they finished the whole thing! (I was looking forward to leftovers :( ) Will be making this one again."
"Even better warmed up the next day!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.