This rich and saucy casserole features tender pattypans in a comforting chicken and rice combination. Pair it with a salad for a family-friendly supper to feel good about.
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups pattypan squash, halved
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the chicken, squash, onion, pimientos, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and cooked rice.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Squash Chicken Casserole in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Summer Squash Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review