Summer Squash Casserole Recipe
This fresh-tasting side dish is excellent with any meat. It was a popular part of the meal served at the August wedding of our son James and his bride, Margret.—Carole Davis, Keene, New Hampshire
- 18 cups sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash (about 6 pounds)
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) crushed stuffing mix
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute squash, carrots and onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in soup and sour cream. Melt the remaining butter; add to stuffing mix. Gently stir into the squash mixture.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until stuffing is heated through. Yield: 26-30 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 188 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC