- 18 cups sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash (about 6 pounds)
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) crushed stuffing mix
- In a Dutch oven, saute squash, carrots and onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in soup and sour cream. Melt the remaining butter; add to stuffing mix. Gently stir into the squash mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until stuffing is heated through. Yield: 26-30 servings.
Reviews for Summer Squash Casserole
Sort By :
My family loves zucchini so we plant a garden full. We are always on the lookout for new recipes. This one was an instant winner. I love how it incorporates summer squash and carrots and no added salt. Easy to make and easy to make ahead.
This's is a great recipe to use summer's bounty for! I wanted to cut this down to 1/3 of a recipe, but forgot & only halved the carrots & onion, so my batch had more other veggies than intended, but it was really pretty & really tasty! I used about 1/2 zucchini & 1/2 yellow squash. I also sprinkle just a few crushed Ritz crackers on the tip before baking, just as a visual thing.
Perfect for potlucks. 1/3 does nicely for hungry 8.
Made this for a potluck lunch at work and it was a huge hit! I got lots of requests for the recipe. This is also a great side dish for the holidays.
Made this several times. I have been asked for this recipe every time it has been served.