Summer Squash Casserole Recipe
- 18 cups sliced zucchini or yellow summer squash (about 6 pounds)
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) crushed stuffing mix
- In a Dutch oven, saute squash, carrots and onions in 6 tablespoons butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in soup and sour cream. Melt the remaining butter; add to stuffing mix. Gently stir into the squash mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until stuffing is heated through. Yield: 26-30 servings.
Reviews for Summer Squash Casserole(4)
Sort By :
Perfect for potlucks. 1/3 does nicely for hungry 8.
Made this for a potluck lunch at work and it was a huge hit! I got lots of requests for the recipe. This is also a great side dish for the holidays.
Made this several times. I have been asked for this recipe every time it has been served.
No I haven't made this yet, although it looks wonderfully tasty. But I think I'll have to cut the recipe down to 1/3 the size for the 2 of us... with leftovers, yum!