Summer Squash Bundles Recipe
"We love zucchini, and my husband enjoys cooking summer meals on the grill, so I came up with this idea to add to our outdoor dining menu," says Juanita Daugherty of Cadet, Missouri. "We served these pretty grilled squash bundles at a family reunion cookout...and they were a big hit!"
- 1 green onion
- 1 medium yellow squash (6 to 8 inches long)
- 1 medium zucchini (6 to 8 inches long)
- 1/4 cup chopped leek (white portion only)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove white portion of green onion (discard or save for another use). Trim the onion top to 8- or 9-in. lengths. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 1 minute or until softened. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; set aside.
- Cut squash and zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp from zucchini halves, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Discard pulp. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; fill zucchini shells. Place yellow squash halves, cut side down, over filled zucchini halves. Tie each bundle with a blanched onion top.
- Wrap each bundle in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (12 in. square). Fold foil around squash and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Squash Bundles in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p8
Reviews for Summer Squash Bundles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Vegetables >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >