Summer Squash Bake Recipe
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place squash and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Stir in the green pepper, onion, pecans, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup of cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash Bake
"OMG. This is the best summer squash recipe we've ever eaten. Next time I'll double the recipe!"
"EXCELLENT. Very rich in flavor and a very nice dish for guests or pot luck."
"Really liked this recipe."
"This is a summer favorite of mine. I've made it for years and it always gets rave reviews from guests."