Summer Squash Bake Recipe
- 3 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place squash and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Stir in the green pepper, onion, pecans, mayonnaise, 1/3 cup of cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 2. Transfer to a lightly greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 269 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash Bake
"OMG. This is the best summer squash recipe we've ever eaten. Next time I'll double the recipe!"
"EXCELLENT. Very rich in flavor and a very nice dish for guests or pot luck."
"Really liked this recipe."
"This is a summer favorite of mine. I've made it for years and it always gets rave reviews from guests."