Summer Squash and Zucchini Side Dish Recipe
“I’m trying to cut my risk for cardiac disease by changing the way I eat,” explains Marlene Agnelly from her Ocean Springs, Mississippi home. Her colorful side dish is packed with as much nutrition as fresh-picked flavor!
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC