Summer Squash and Tomato Side Dish with Feta Recipe
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add the squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 140 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash and Tomato Side Dish with Feta
"This is a very pretty and colorful dish and tastes wonderful. It would be great to serve to company."