Summer Squash and Tomato Side Dish with Feta Recipe
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add the squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 140 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Summer Squash and Tomato Side Dish with Feta
"Great recipe. Made exactly as recipe called. Had it for dinner and loved it so much, I made it next day for my sewing group. 2 of them made for dinner that night."
"This is a very pretty and colorful dish and tastes wonderful. It would be great to serve to company."