“You can enjoy this dish while the squash is still warm, but it also tastes great cold,” says Rani Long of Cold Spring, New York. You'll love how it captures the fresh flavors and bright colors of summer.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add the squash; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, dill, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in squash and cheese. Transfer to a serving platter. Combine tomato and onion; spoon over squash mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Summer Squash Medley in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p24
Reviews for Summer Squash and Tomato Side Dish with Feta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2009
"This is a very pretty and colorful dish and tastes wonderful. It would be great to serve to company."