Summer Squash and Bell Pepper Saute with Bacon Recipe
YELLOW SQUASH with colorful bell peppers makes an attractive and delicious combination that goes well with many entrees. I enjoy experimenting with new recipes, and fortunately, my husband likes new dishes appearing on the table. -Maxine Lynch, Boise City, Oklahoma
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Stir in onion, peppers and garlic; cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add squash; cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Summer Squash and Bell Pepper Saute with Bacon
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC