- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium yellow summer squash, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Add squash and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in one can of beans, parsley, tarragon and salt. Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender. Return to pan; stir in remaining can of beans and heat through. Top each serving with yogurt.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Summer Squash & White Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Summer Squash & White Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review