Summer Spiral Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces turkey salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 269 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.