Summer Spiral Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces turkey salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar and seasonings; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 269 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 801mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Summer Spiral Salad
"My 17 year old daughter had a Sr. Sleepover welcoming their last year of school...The girls made this and let me tell you, no left overs!"