- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process until the sugar is dissolved. Add the poppy seeds; process just until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Summer Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"Do wait until strawberries are at their best in the summer so no extra sweetening is necessary. Delightfully different to be sure and very nutritious! Some young children may not go for this, however, but they often don't like any kind of salad anyway. Would be a super offering at a potluck!"
"This salad is so easy and delicious. It has a great variety of textures, from the spinach to the bananas to the almonds. And I love the sweet and tangy dressing!"
"easy & delicious"
"Delicious! So easy, yet unique and very pleasing to the palate.~ Theresa"
"Fresh-tasting and delicious! Everyone at our barbecue enjoyed the combination of flavors."