Guests always request the recipe for this fabulous spinach salad. Tossed with ripe banana chunks, fresh strawberries and toasted almonds, it looks and tastes special enough for company. The tangy poppy seed dressing is a snap to combine in the blender. -Callie Berger, Diamond Springs, California
Recommended: 10 Easy Dinners Kids Can Help Make
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process until the sugar is dissolved. Add the poppy seeds; process just until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Summer Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p27
Reviews for Summer Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2015
Reviewed May. 26, 2011
"easy & delicious"
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2009
"Delicious! So easy, yet unique and very pleasing to the palate.~ Theresa"
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2008
"Fresh-tasting and delicious! Everyone at our barbecue enjoyed the combination of flavors."