Summer Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 large ripe bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and process until the sugar is dissolved. Add the poppy seeds; process just until blended.
- In a salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Summer Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"This salad is so easy and delicious. It has a great variety of textures, from the spinach to the bananas to the almonds. And I love the sweet and tangy dressing!"
"easy & delicious"
"Delicious! So easy, yet unique and very pleasing to the palate.~ Theresa"
"Fresh-tasting and delicious! Everyone at our barbecue enjoyed the combination of flavors."