Summer Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- 2 to 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine tomatoes with herbs, onions and garlic. Add salt, pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar. Mix well; cover and chill. Cook pasta; drain. Toss in a bowl with Parmesan cheese and remaining olive oil. Cover and chill. Top each serving of pasta with sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 130 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Summer Spaghetti Salad
"This is very refreshing, a good use of recycling leftover cooked pasta, think any kind of pasta would work here. Very nice dressing."