Although tomatoes do not usually come to mind when someone mentions California, they are indeed one of our most plentiful crops. This chilled salad is particularly satisfying on hot summer days.
- 2 to 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Vermicelli or angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes with herbs, onions and garlic. Add salt, pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar. Mix well; cover and chill. Cook pasta; drain. Toss in a bowl with Parmesan cheese and remaining olive oil. Cover and chill. Top each serving of pasta with sauce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Summer Spaghetti Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p5
Reviews for Summer Spaghetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2014
"This is very refreshing, a good use of recycling leftover cooked pasta, think any kind of pasta would work here. Very nice dressing."
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2014