Summer Spaghetti Salad
"This attractive, fresh-tasting salad can conveniently be made the night before," notes Lucia Johnson of Massena, New York. "The recipe yields a big bowl!"
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, halved
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 small zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, halved, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber
- and peppers.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free salad dressing and nonfat Parmesan cheese topping) equals 137 calories, 150 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 27 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.