Summer Soup Recipe
- 2 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a saucepan, cook potatoes, carrots and beans in water to cover until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute garlic and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth, milk and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Add vegetables; heat through. Yield: 4 servings (about 1 quart).
1 cup: 235 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Summer Soup
"Although I made this is Jan (not summer!), this is a wonderful soup. I used frozen green beans and garlic powder which both worked well."