Summer Sausage Hobo Packets Recipe
- 1 pound summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes. Divide mixture among eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top each with a butter cube.
- 2. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Carefully open foil to allow steam to escape; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 436 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Summer Sausage Hobo Packets
"My husband went crazy for these! I would throw the cheeseburgers away and serve these to guests next BBQ. Delicious!"
"yummy yummy yummy!!! loved everything about it!"